Saturday, May 19, 2012

3 weeks in London

I have been now for almost three weeks in London. Here is what I have learned so far.

  • Everybody is always in a hurry, especially in the metro stations (poor elderly people).
  • The underground system (aka "Tube") is really impressive although it could be better...
  • Every time you ride an escalator here in London, people who are just standing/riding stay to the right side to ensure a clear lane for others. Its' the same in Tokyo and other civilized overcrowded cities. 
  • There's no such thing as a “queue” though.
  • It's all pretty much well organized and signalized (I have taken the wrong train only once.. ok, twice).
  • Here is an excellent travel time map of the Tube 

  • The street markets are great, and the main streets are overcrowded.
  • I already have my tickets to this presentation!
  • One could spend hours and hours listing good and bad things about this amazing metropolis. I prefer to go to sleep. Tomorrow I'll make a visit to Cambridge.
By the way, here is the New Simplified Map of London.